GEOTHNK International Closing conference
“Educating the future spatial citizens”
Athens, 7 November 2015, Ellinogermaniki Agogi
INVITATION AND CALL FOR SHORT PAPERS
The GEOTHNK Project, the National Technical University of Athens - OntoGeo Research Group, and Ellinogermanki Agogi, invite you to participate at the GEOTHNK International Closing Conference:
“Educating the Future Spatial Citizens”
The conference will be held on 7 November 2015 at the facilities of Ellinogermaniki Agogi in Pallini (Attica - Greece) in conjunction with the 8th International Conference in Open and Distance Learning (ICODL2015).
Conference Contributors and Audience
- GEOTHNK Project Participants and Community
- Educational practitioners of all levels (teachers, tutors, professors, etc.)
- Academic students, post‐graduates and doctorate candidates
- Adult learning instructors and heads of education departments from private or state institutions
- Academics, researchers, and teachers
The Conference will mainly focus in presenting the outcomes of the GEOTHNK Project. However, contribution by educators & researchers working on relevant issues around the world is encouraged and expected, therefore contributors are invited to submit short papers which topics include, but are not limited to:
- spatial thinking
- geospatial education
- geospatial semantics in education
- ICT platforms for spatial teaching and learning
- open resources for geospatial education
- digital agenda for Europe
- The final deadline for submitting the full papers is October 2nd, 2015.
- Submitted papers will be reviewed and the results will be announced on October 12th, 2015.
- The Conference will be held on 7 November 2015.
- Download the Paper Template. You may use the template provided so as to follow the precise writing guidelines. Length of submissions: 4-8 pages.
- Send the final paper via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on 2/10/2015 at the latest.
- You will be notified about the acceptance of your paper by 12/10/2015.
- After a paper has been accepted, and in order to guarantee its inclusion in the conference proceedings, at least one of the paper’s authors needs to confirm their attendance via email.
The Conference Proceedings will be published and subsequently be available electronically on the GEOTHNK Website shortly after the conference.
The GEOTHNK Closing Conference is free of charge. However, if participants wish to attend the 8th International Conference in Open and Distance Learning which will be taking place at the same time as GEOTHNK, they will pay the registration fee that applies to this. More details at the ICODL2015 Website.
Participants may register on the first day of the Conference in person at the Secretariat or earlier via e-mail at email@example.com.
More Information and Updates
You can follow updates and get information about the conference on the GEOTHNK Project Website and the GEOTHNK Community.
Download the Call for Papers