OSOS in cooperation with The Scientific Association for the Promotion of School Innovation (https://www.eepek.gr/en/) and the City of Larissa are organising a round table discussion on EDUCATION CRITICAL THINKING AND DEMOCRACY on Saturday, in the framework of the International Conference on School Innovation in Larissa (https://synedrio.eepek.gr/en/). The activity is taking place in the framework of the LEARNING CITY Initiative (http://uil.unesco.org/lifelong-learning/learning-cities) that aims to demonstrate how local communities can become hubs of innovation and development. A group of key stakeholders in the field of formal and informal education will discuss on the theme above.
The key questions that are going to be discussed and that are highly relevant to the OSOS project and to its future exploitation are:
- How Critical thinking could be promoted in the current educational settings (formal and informal) – Prof. Fleming will also discuss the issue of the definition of Critical Thinking.
- Do you think that current reforms in Education (mainly in Greece) are in line with the global trends?
- How Responsible and Democratic Citizenship could be promoted in the current educational settings?
- Are there best practices that could be adopted? How we can build on initiatives like the “Learning City” programme?
- Processes – Organization and PD towards the Open Schooling Vision (a school that acts as a local Hub of innovation/education/training/information for the community it serves)