The purpose of the first Summer School is to engage teachers and drama practitioners in the identification and discussion of issues around engagement and disengagement of young people in civic practices in their countries. Other important issues are the identification of boundaries and constraints that teachers are faced with regards to the engagement of young people they work with through their subjects and the development of dramatic materials that will enable teachers to engage pupils in democratic and civic practices through their subjects.
The Democracy through Drama Summer School will offer:
- Introduction of the project and drama workshops
- Introduction of the Pedagogical Framework
- Introduction of the Methodological Framework
- Introduction of the Open Discovery Space for learning and networking
- Introduction to human rights and citizenship education
- Introduction to the Democracy through Drama Assessment Toolkit